RCL News November
- A big group of people who have followed this vision from the beginning, many of whom went to the community in Costa Rica, arranged RCL Vision Councils every full moon and new moon at our beautiful camp by a river in California. The vision is alive, growing and spreading. Many people are seeing RCL as their way of life and are putting all their energy into the project. A lot of this energy will now move into Latin America, there are several caravans heading south these days. This RCL Vision Council will now be moved with the caravans. The next Vision Council will take place in Baja California, Mexico, around new moon December, before going to Mazunte, Lago Atatlan in Guatemala, the RCL in Costa Rica and eventually to the Andes Scouting Mission in Peru / Bolivia. For more details on this caravan, see Portal's message at the END of THIS blog, scroll down!
- In the last full moon Vision Council in California we passed magic hats for the various RCL projects. The Andes Rainbow Crystal Land Scouting Mission received more than 3000 dollars, the land in Costa Rica more than 400 dollars and the upcoming Hungary scouting 120 dollars.
- The RCL community in Costa Rica has been asking for more energy to come their way, both in terms of money and people. At one point it looked like the land might be empty in December but now it seems like many people have heard the call and are on their way. The caravans travel slower, it will take them several months to arrive. Even so, the few warriors who have stayed through the rainy season have worked ceaselessly and created many projects, gardens, a dam, an oven, a water pump without electricity, expanded the kitchen, and so on. Those who are there now are asking for 400 dollars to build a new composting toilet while some of those who left are wondering if the methane gas toilet is enough as it is or could be improved upon. One idea is to make a "Raise the Roof" one year aniversary of the birth of the community in March, aiming to finish the cob house by putting a roof on it. We realise that shelter is one of the most important focal points in Costa Rica right now, in order to make it easier to spend the next rainy season there. Many photos from the community in Costa Rica have recently been posted on the RCL Facebook forum (which, by the way, will be removed when rainbowcrystalland.org is up and running, hopefully happening soon...)
- Many people are committed to the Scouting Mission in the Andes, starting on new moon March 2014 somewhere on Lake Titikaka. Fabi is focalizing and carries magic hat. There has been some controversy around the use of the meditation technique Vipassana in the title of this project and it was a topic of discussion in our Vision Councils. No one should feel alienated from this project just because they are not familiar with Vipassana. The Scouting Mission is for the Andes Rainbow Crystal Land and everyone is welcome, but the community will be set up with a strong "awakening" and healing intention, which means keeping medicine sacred, Vipassana, etc.
- Jonas has bought land for himself and his blood family near Mazunte, Oaxaca, Mexico. This land is not an open community. But he is still fully committed to funding the purchase of land in the mountains of Oaxaca as an "ejido" and turning it into an RCL. This Scouting Mission will commence when the caravan turns up on Jonas' land for full moon December - everyone is welcome! - and the intention is to make Scout Councils every new moon and full moon thereafter, until we have found the land! The caravan will probably pass through quickly so it is important to create a continuous flow for scouting in Oaxaca, with people committing longer-term than the caravan. So... welcome to Scout Councils on Jonas' land in Mazunte for full moon December and every full and new moon thereafter!
- Gery is holding the Hungary magic hat raised in California and will call for Scout Councils in Hungary at the end of the winter. The world rainbow gathering has been consensed to be held in Hungary from new moon August to new moon September and the gathering will leave behind a permanent RCL community if possible.
- RCL DCI V2 is now available in German on the Background page on this website. There is a vision for an RCL in South Germany, still early stages.
- The legal transfer of ownership of the land will be part of this season's work in Costa Rica. Armed with 300 dollars and consensed legal guidelines in the RCL DCI V2, soon to be translated to Spanish, we will for the first time venture into the unknown sphere of legalities. We will no doubt learn heaps in this process. We have been running around the law department at Berkeley University for help but without much luck so far. Any general legal review of the RCL DCI V2, especially the final page, would be most welcome.
- Other emerging visions at very early stages of development include Idaho USA, California/Oregon USA, Brazil and Bulgaria (an abandoned village that could legally become an RCL in 5 years from now).
- And finally, here's Portal's message in full. It can be read as notes or minutes for the Vision Councils in California, and it contains all the details for the caravan travelling south:
Update from last vision council on 17th NOV 2013. read more